IMPORTANT NOTE: WHEN USING TCAS ONLINE PLEASE USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR BROWSER
How do I apply for Accommodation? Accommodation applications must be made Online through the Centrepoint website. The Online Booking system ‘TCAS’ must be used through Google Chrome Browser.
• You must have a valid email address at time of application.
• You must have your PPSN / social security number
• You must have a debit / credit card for deposit payment.
• You must have you parent/guarantor’s phone number and e-mail address
• You must provide bank account details to which your deposit will be refunded.
How much do I need to pay at time of booking? A Deposit of €300 is to be made at the time of booking to secure your accommodation.
Methods of payment accepted are: Payments can be made by credit/Debit card, most major credit cards accepted. We strongly recommend paying with a debit card as it does not incur fees. Credit card transactions are subject to 2.5% transaction fee.
Completing the Online Application Form: Please ensure the personal details entered on the application form are those of the student applicant and not parent/guarantor as these are the contact details used to communicate with you throughout your stay. Please ensure only one application form is completed per person.
I have made my booking online but I haven’t paid my deposit: Please check your emails for your Tcas online reference number. In order to validate your application, you will need to pay your deposit through your student portal. Your bed space is not secure until deposit payment is received. All bookings are subject to availability at time of payment.
Is my payment Secure? Your online payments are processed through the Realex Payment Gateway. Realex is one of Europe’s largest Online Payment Gateways processing payments in excess of €24billion annually, with data security at its core. The main security features which should give you the customer piece of mind are
1. 3D Secure giving Cardholder authentication at the time of the transaction.
2. Realex accepts & checks the CVV/CVN codes entered. This is the three/four digit code on the back of the card that proves the purchaser has the physical card with them
3. Forty different real-time checks prior or separately to authorisation
What are my options if I cannot pay Online? Booking is made through Tcas Online and similarly payments should be made online. Cheque / bank draft payments are accepted, however this payment method will delay your application and may result in your room preference being unavailable. €10 bank charge will be applied to returned cheques.
How do I know my booking was successful? You will be sent an automated email to confirm your application has been received. You will also receive your 10 digit TCAS reference number to allow you access your student Portal.
I haven’t received an email in my inbox. You need to check your junk/spam folder of your email account to see if the email has gone into one of those.
What is my Student Portal?
Your student portal is your own personal account for your accommodation
• It gives full visibility of your Booking period & your personal profile
• Full visibility of your payments, charges & account balance
• Check your electricity charges and manage usage
• Download Lease Agreement
• It is the main tool for communication between you and Centrepoint office
• Log Maintenance issues online and check progress
• Contact office though contact manager
• View Notice Board
We strongly advise you check your student portal daily for information updates.
How do I log into my Student Portal? Please click the Centrepoint Student Portal button on www.centrepoimtgalway.com. Use your 10 digit reference application number (already issued to you) as your Application Number and your password is the email address used when applying. We recommend you change your password to something memorable in your student portal once you log in.
Sharing with Friends: If you wish to Share with a friend you must apply to do so through your Student Portal. Please note, the house mate you wish to share with must have applied Throug Tcas online and should pass their Tcas ID number to you so as you can apply to share with them.
How to apply to Share with a Friend – lead tenant
1. Log in to your student portal
1. Under Home, click on Room Sharing.
2. Enter desired house mate’s TCAS ID number. Click validate. Their name should auto-fill in to the name field.
3. Click Submit. The request will move to “Sharing Request To” and have the status of pending. You can either send additional requests or stop here and wait for the other party to accept the request.
How to apply to Share with a second, third, etc. students
1. Only the lead tenant can invite a second, third student to share.
2. The second, third etc student should pass their Tcas ID number to the lead tenant as they must issue the sharing request
3. The second, third etc should must log in to their student portal and go to the Room Sharing page.
4. They will find your request waiting.
5. They should click confirm and it will change the status to Confirmed.
6. At this point, the room share will show up in the back office Sharing page.
Rules regarding sharing requests:
1. The first student to initiate a sharing request can send multiple requests.
2. If a student has accepted a request, they cannot send any requests out.
3. If a student has a pending request, they cannot send any requests out. (They must reject and delete [using the red x] to get this request out of their portal and then they will be able to send new sharing requests out).
4. If a student has a request accepted, you cannot send a request to them.
5. If a student has a pending request, you can send a request to
How do I change my password? Once logged into your student portal, click on the "Resident Administrations", then change password and fill out the requested details. Please ensure you save your new password.
What is the next step in securing my Accommodation? Once your Online application is made and deposit payment successfully processed, your accommodation is secured. Credit or Debit card payments can take up to 48 hours to reach our bank account. Once payment is received, you will receive another email (again check spam/junk folder) to confirm your room number. You will also be advised how to proceed and make payments.
How do I make payment? Log into your student Portal - Under "Financials" - payment online – make payment. When paying your 1st semester rent you must pay your electricity prepayment together with your rent. If you only make payment of your electricity prepayment the system will not allow you to progress and pay your semester rent.
My payment is not going through? If you receive the following messages;
1. Your Credit Card transaction could not be be processed. Returned : Transaction blocked by merchant configuration. Please contact the merchant. Please contact your bank with this error information<br/><br/> Note: Please note that if you fail to make payment at this point, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.<br/> Please contact the Residence office if you have any questions or you are having difficulties making your online payment. The error above corresponds to a transaction that has failed because it was not 3dsecure (i.e verified by visa). You must follow the steps to log in or create a password. You will need your bank account details to complete this section. This is an online security requirement of your bank and not a Centrepoint requirement.
2. Your Credit Card transaction could not be processed. Returned: NOT AUTHORISED Please contact your bank with this error information<br/><br/> Note: Please note that if you fail to make payment at this point, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.<br/> Please contact the Residence office if you have any questions or you are having difficulties making your online payment. A daily limit may apply to debit cards. Please pay the max on your card on day 1 and return to the system the following day to pay the balance. There is a 2.5% surcharge on credit card transactions, no charge on debit cards.
3. If you receive the message “awaiting response” your payment will not be processed and you must try the following day to complete the transaction.
How do I amend / make changes to my application? Change requests need to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I cancel my Application through my student portal? Cancellations must be made in writing via email, letter or through “contact manager” section of your student portal. Please refer to our cancellation policy on www.centrepointgalway.com
Waiting List: If you select a room type that is not available you will receive an automatic message that will advise that this room type is not available and if you wish to be placed on the waiting list. No payment will be made at this stage if you progress to the waiting list.
I’m on the waiting list, when will I know if a room comes? If your room type comes available you will receive a confirmation email requesting deposit payment.
When will I know what room / house I am in? Once deposit payment has been received you will be allocated a room. This is available you have been moved to a reservation status you will have access to your lease agreement within your student portal and can view what house you have been assigned to. Please note that changes may apply to your booking until the start of the lease date, this is out of our control and your house details may change.
Can I get an Statement of account? All your financial information is available through your student portal under “Statement”.